Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday... better than Monday

After yesterday's... uh, slightly depressive post, I feel the need to do a follow up.  So here I am, following up...

I have been (obviously) feeling miserable lately.  There have been a few sad events that hit a bit close to home, my body is betraying me again, the weather has changed for the worse and my darling husband's monthly paychecks are getting leaner (we knew this was coming, just weren't sure how lean they would look and it's rather discouraging).  All these things have been added to my life in the span of a couple months.  I feel down, dogged, dreary, disheartened.  It is hard finding the silver lining, the blessing in disguise, the rainbow in the storm.  It's hard and honestly I don't want to have to do it.  But you know, I don't have to.  I don't have to figure things out, make it work on my own, hold myself together... I'm not alone.  When I remember that, things feel a bit easier.  Life feels a bit more normal and I don't feel so much like a failure.

None of us are alone.  No matter how bad and lonely and rejected you feel, there is always someone you can go to in times of need.  We are also not alone in our struggles.  Every day, tragedy strikes.  Maybe not in your life or my life... maybe you will not ever hear of this tragedy, but it happens to someone, a fellow human being.  People die, are hurt, run away... there are so many hurting souls in this world we are never alone in our grief and our pain.

I don't know for sure how many people read this blog, how many of them are people I know and who even really cares about what I have to say.  But I do have some followers which must mean there are at least a few people paying attention, right?  If not that is alright, since a lot of times I just use this as an outlet when I am feeling something intensely.  Whether you are a friend, follower, family member or stranger reading this: THANK YOU.  Thank you for letting me vent, voice my heart, feel acknowledged.  I appreciate it more than you know.
Hmm... does that make me a narcissist??  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I am a firm, no correction, FIRM believer to go forward you have to purge and make peace with the past even if it's the past 5 minutes in your life. A lot of people are hurting, the majority actually & many of us need to vent. So you talk your heart out. We'll listen. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kind words are SO appreciated. =) Thank you for the validation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your lack of post means your enjoying time before the next flare. Just checking in on you. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

High praise: people taking time to read my writing.
Highest compliment: taking the extra time to comment.