Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2012

When Playing Hooky Isn't Fun

     Days ago I had great plans of composing all these insightful, inspired posts, brought on by some deep thinking and random reading I've been doing. Then... the flare hit...
I was in bed from 3 pm Saturday (when we got home from shopping and I crashed on the bed, shoes and all) through Monday night. It was ugly. I was ugly. Aching body and swollen hands literally had me down for the count. My hands hurt so bad I couldn't drive, let alone type or use my computer mouse at work... so I stayed home, and slept. All day. I felt so guilty. Tried to talk myself into attempting to go but couldn't muster the energy or coordination to even get dressed.
     Days like that are just pathetic. It feels like such a complete waste. I felt guilty for missing a day of work and I hate loath the fact I had to stay home because there is so much left to do this week and only one day left to do it in. It's incredible how behind you can get by missing one measly day of productivity, amazing how a few bad (or completely awful) days can completely change how you look at the world and make you think about where roads are taking you. It's sad how one "failure" (or flare) can bring you to the pit of guilt and self pity. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

High praise: people taking time to read my writing.
Highest compliment: taking the extra time to comment.