Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Searching

Inspiration
wanes
when winter drains
the soul.
The heart that once
was bright and bold
feels haggard
worn
and old.
Curled
away
from the cold
in the light of a fire
one may find
their true heart
once
again.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I have been slacking lately.  Not writing or creating or even reveling.  No joy in small blessings, not even noticing the beauty all around.  My head feels cloudy and my heart is tired.  I hope to find some inspiration soon.  I wish to be a light rather than a shadow.

It's not that I don't have an idea what my problem is.  I know I just need to trust the Lord, to lay it all at His feet and leave it.  Much easier said than done.  I have started praying again, like today on my way home... just praying for my heart to open again.  Without joy I am nothing.  Without love we are hopeless.  Without God we are dust.  He must be my missing piece, I have tried everything else.
Thank God for grace.

1 comment:

  1. You speak for us all...I cannot count the times I have felt like this. Yet God is the one constant; He remains unchanged. He is the hope and the light and the life that we so desperately search for. You're on the right track, sweet Daughter. Keep praying for your heart to be opened...it's the same as the man who prayed "Lord I believe; please help my unbelief." That's a prayer He will ALWAYS honor. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

High praise: people taking time to read my writing.
Highest compliment: taking the extra time to comment.