Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby Miranda... and gratitude

     I just finished reading the story of Chad Cole, his wife and baby Miranda.  I cried, hard.  I cannot imagine the devastation of losing your best friend and life companion in an instant, then days later saying goodbye to your newborn baby.  Many people, myself included, would want to give up on life after experiencing such a heart-wrenching series of events.  But the power of prayer is so much bigger than our broken hearts.  This man has been drenched in love and support from thousands, many of whom he has never met.  Through the grace of God, Chad was able to sweetly sing goodbye to his daughter, letting her go quietly into Jesus' arms.  Thanks to the millions of prayers sent up on his behalf Chad is able to remain "clinging to the Rock".
     The power of prayer is unyielding.  God is so much bigger than our emotions, our grief.  He knows each tear that falls and He hears us before we even call out for Him.

     Before reading this emotional story I was feeling sorry for myself.  I was dwelling on life circumstances, wishing we were more financially secure, wishing I felt better, wanting our house to be perfect... I was focusing on things that I wanted changed instead of thanking God for the good He has provided.  My heart was clouded with ungrateful mutterings and envy.  I needed a reminder that my life is full of blessings and the Lord truly does have a plan.

     We may not live in the best house, but we have a roof over our heads and it is "home".  I may not always have the energy or motivation to complete my to-do list, but I have a loving husband who picks up the slack when I'm down.  I lost the "best Grandma in the world" a couple years back, but I have an angel in Heaven awaiting me with open arms.
     I often look at what others have and wish I could trade a little piece of my life for theirs, but why bother?  Everyone has blessings, everyone has their own gifts and weaknesses.  Every one of us is given individual trials, not one life the same as another.  We are all blessed, beautiful and beloved.  In the end we are all the same... loved, beautiful, chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High praise: people taking time to read my writing.
Highest compliment: taking the extra time to comment.